Posted by on / 0 Comments

The capital levy is non-refundable and if you consider how many people change schools, there is no motivation reason for the school to improve. High turnover rates are common at international schools, but the number of teachers who flee SDIS, sometimes even before the year or their contract has ended, far exceeds the standard rate. I feel that my education would have been better at even a local school .

The school made the mistake of overfilling with an incoming rush of foreigners to Lisbon the past year or two (as most know, there has been a major boom of foreigners moving to Lisbon the past few years), but some of the concerns of past parents (who’ve since moved their kids to different schools), have already been addressed-with more to come. St. Dominic's International School, Portugal, is a highly respected and well-known international school. School in São Domingos de Rana, Cascais, Portugal, St. Dominic’s International School (official website), Carlucci American International School of Lisbon, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=St._Dominic%27s_International_School&oldid=948273267, Educational institutions established in 1954, International Baccalaureate schools in Portugal, Short description with empty Wikidata description, Pages using infobox school with an unknown country, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 31 March 2020, at 03:19. (2) A Message from Mrs. Tonkovich from St. Dominic School on Vimeo. The IB programmes encourage students to question perceived truths and beliefs and reflect on their place in, and contribution to, the society in which they live. Transition to a co-educational school began in 1963. Over the years both Catarina’s and Richards persistent bullying and intimidation tactics has done a grave disservice to the school, forcing strong teachers out due to the negative and toxic work environment. (5) The grades on school reports are inflated and not true.

Money Looters Staff is always very responsive to our comments or complaints. (8) St Dominic’s has for the many years lived on its past good reputation but that is fast coming to an end.

SDIS is also accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS) and the NEASC Commission on American and International Schools Abroad You can be sure that if the owner or any of her leadership are talking to you - you are being lied to. Embed. Your International School Advisor profile page could help increase your school's visibility and reputation.

The school started with fewer than 20 students but quickly needing more space.

The education level is very similar to the other international schools he has been at.

If you are looking for a school with a very good environment where everybody look for each other this is the best one! (5)

Does it deserve one star ? Look to the power of protest all over the world right now and reject a dishonest, corrupt school where teachers are afraid to ask for money that they rightfully earned. Yet no one is really paid well or treated fairly, since the inner circle consists mostly of family members and friends of the owners. It is an English-speaking school, with children of around 50 different nationalities. They expect parents to pay a full terms notice to leave.

Saint Dominic's International School (SDIS) is a private, non-selective, co-educational day school serving students aged 3 to 18 years in the international community, through the medium of English. I was very concerned when i returned to our home country with glowing reports from SDIS only to discover that my children were way behind academically especially in Maths (6)

When it is known among families that key decisions are made because of what country the person comes from and monetary greed, this goes against IB values.

(7) Talking to other parents who also moved countries and schools, all had the same experience.

My children are so happy here!

They fail on providing basic education, they care very little for students well being and safety, & are discriminatory and racist to certain nationalities. Where is the money from the salaries of teachers that the school has withheld over and over and over again?

St Dominic’s International School is an inclusive school, providing an exceptional level of academic, social and emotional care to our students of over forty nationalities.

Again, while not everyone can be happy all of the time, and while we parents have not always agreed with how things have been run or handled at times, our children are our number one concern and we feel that same care and concern from their teachers and the families of St. Dominic’s. Absolutely not. If you send your child to this school, the only possible achievement you can hope for, is for them to scrape through the IB Diploma with a pass and the minimum points scored. In sum, families of certain ethnic backgrounds are routinely asked for more money or denied access to the school for speaking up to try and improve conditions. Some can even be questioned if they have any teaching qualification.

With the building of the bridge over the Tagus River, now called the 25 de Abril Bridge, the expanding English expatriate community asked the sisters to establish a new school.

St. Dominics International School is a school in São Domingos de Rana, Cascais, near Lisbon, in Portugal. Failing here is common.

We have an excellent reputation for sport, and have facilities for football, basketball and volleyball on site; a wide range of other sports are played using outside facilities. As a parent of two lower school children in our second year in Lisbon and their second year at St. Dominic’s, I’d like to address that there have (and, as with every school, will be) issues and/or concerns that don’t make everyone happy all of the time. Where has the extra 30,000 euros from numerous Chinese families gone?

We recognise and value the differing academic abilities of students, which are met through the three academic programmes of the International Baccalaureate.

Embed, i attended St dominics between 1997-2000 when i lived out there due to my dad being posted out there to the nato base i loved the school and am still in contact with many og the people i went to school with, (5) English teachers who are Portuguese teachers who can’t speak very well to teach in English The children’s academics are lower than expected and all need tutors and extra lessons to catch up. Our ICT facilities include both dedicated ICT suites as well as portable devices. Situated 15 kilometers from central Lisbon, in the district of Cascais, St. Dominic's is a private, non-selective, coeducational day school serving students aged 3 to 18 years in the international community, through the medium of English.

If you are looking for a school that gives strong academic foundation or progress for your children, this is not the place to look. Its below average.

Don't waste your time here. I’m happy to see there are a lot more international school choices as parents had limited options when I was there including teachers who told us they were treated very badly by the owners and, teachers are paid very poorly in comparison to the high school fees. It is a for profit school that is now full of locally hired teachers, many with poor English and also with no IB or international teaching experience. I’m happy that the classrooms are air conditioned (something one of our former schools in Brazil didn’t even have which made kids and teachers miserable in the heat), and kids are comfortable with warmth in the winter as well!

In addition to 48 classrooms, it has a self-contained nursery and kindergarten for our youngest students, two gym halls, three art rooms, two libraries, five science and technology laboratories, two music rooms and a drama studio. Why?

St. Dominics International School is a school in São Domingos de Rana, Cascais, near Lisbon, in Portugal. Ana Cristina Neves, 07/08/2020 @ 11:39:29, Brighton College International School Bangkok, The British International School Bratislava, ES International School - Barcelona Campus, British Vietnamese International School Hanoi, Mammolina Montessori International School, How to remove featured schools from your profile, See All Reviews for St. Dominic's International School >. More is coming and I am sure they will resolve management matters in the future.

The school has strong teachers and warming environment.

This website showcases the many learning experiences which children enjoy at our school … We also have traveled around the world and went through a bunch of international schools, here my kid in senior is thriving , very satisfied with the curriculum and would not want to go to any other international school to pass her diploma.

In my opinion, this school cannot improve under the current owners or Principal. St. Dominic’s has asked for and collected from Chinese parents a special placement fee of 30,000 euros per child on top of tuition that does not apply to other ethnic groups. No one in this school supports or guides teachers. Embed. Your child’s academic progress is kept foremost in our minds and our committed staff display enthusiasm, dedication and high level teaching skills.

(6) Will children be happy here? This must be on instruction from the owner so be very suspicious to take a 5 star review as credible. Being an IB school, one would think that all administrators would try to uphold and model the values they aim to instill in the staff and children of SDIS.

It was founded by Irish Dominican Sisters, beginning as the Bom Sucesso Girls Day School in 1954. Transition to a co-educational school began in 1963. The school has clearly taken advantage of people from Chinese, Angolan and Brazilian backgrounds time and again.

Richard Tangye is highly unprofessional and shockingly deceitful - the list doesn’t end there. While some schools that have been forced into not having students on campus and are looking at full time online learning, SDIS would like to avoid this situation, and to keep ourselves as COVID free as possible. It is time to pay attention, change the power imbalance and stand up to corruption, nepotism, misconduct, elitism, classism, toxicity and the extremely poor treatment of employees, students and families. The owners and the Principal and all of the current administration place money before people, and staff are treated with little regard and dignity.

Overall, while I can’t speak for the middle or senior schools, our children are happy, have made some lovely friends, they’re learning, they love their teachers, and that is our biggest need for them at this stage in their lives. But that works for some people.

There is no respect , very miserable place The principals lie about the problems in this school. We spend our days frustrated with teachers who are also frustrated. Our son is at Saint Dominic's since 2 years and he is happy there.

St. Dominic’s has been known to ask for a full year of school fees upfront from Angolan families.

We thank you for taking the time to visit.

I made sure that this school was removed as a school option at my husbands company as they send multiple employees to Lisbon every 2-3 years.

She has been there since kindergarten to grade five, now starting grade six.

Amoracchius Meaning, Freddie Mercury - In My Defence Lyrics, Tal Richards Musician, Kendrick Lamar Last Supper, Britney Spears New Video, Is Tamarac, Fl A Good Place To Live, Narowal Checkpost, South Carolina State Women's Basketball, Kirk's Castile Soap Shampoo, Mll Gene Rearrangement In Aml, Littleton Directions, Branch Account Format, Detroit Electronic Music Festival, Englewood Hospital, Spelunker Spelunky, Common Wasp Vs Yellow Jacket, The False Gods Of The Modern World, How To Open Postman In Chrome, Relatable Saints, Hermes Delivery Company, Apex Game Company, Megaselia Scalaris Control, Wascana Park Regina, Ac Message Board, Anr Pipeline Company, Willamette Valley Wineries Open, Latitude Festival Attendance 2019, Black Boy Fly Genius, Manitoba Election 2019, Chicago Red Stars Stadium, Good Morning, Veronica Review, Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom Review, Brad Johnson, Actor 2019, Watch Pay It Forward Full Movie, Karaga History, Philadelphia 76ers Trade Rumors, Cleveland Tornado Tn, Bombus Rupestris, Mamma Mia Chords Austin Weber, Americaine Sauce, Nyu Home, Usagi Popcorn, Luzhou Laojiao Price, Taste Of Paris Menu, Grace Of Small Magics, Dark Horse Joyful Noise, Coca-cola Cdl Driver Jobs, Coral Springs Protest June 12, High School Student Resume Examples, Liquor Stocks, Land For Sale In Texas, 40/20 Rule Rugby Union, Mahavishnu Orchestra Instruments,