song: "Points of Authority", authority noun (POWER) B2 [ U ] the moral or legal right or ability to control: The United Nations has used/ exerted / exercised its authority to restore peace in the area. However, the song is not talking about LEAVING. The term points and authorities comes from the fact that the legal discussion makes certain points followed by citations to legal authority (usually a court decision or statute) supporting each point. The song's remix "Pts.OF.Athrty" was released as the only single taken from remix album Reanimation (2002) while another remix, by The Crystal Method, was released on LP Underground 2.0. Song meanings ©2003-2020 lyricinterpretations.com. General CommentIt took me a while to get the lyrics. The music video was directed by Nathan "Karma" Cox, and it was released in promoting the DVD Frat Party at the Pankake Festival. This song is about being abused, probably in a relationship. [4] The "Pts.OF.Athrty" music video is available on both Linkin Park [5] and Warner Bros. Records [6] YouTube Channels. In its place, the song's remix version was released. All lyrics provided for educational purposes only. How to use authority in a sentence. Synonym Discussion of authority. You take away when I give in The song is one from the seven Linkin Park's songs that appeared in the mash-up EP Collision Course with American rapper Jay-Z. Beautifully sad. Then put yourself in their shoes and think about how they must have felt when Chester took his own life. "Points of Authority" was remixed by Jay Gordon from Orgy, "High Voltage" was remixed by Evidence featuring Pharoahe Monch, and "By Myself" was remixed by Marilyn Manson. The song was used in the 2000 Adam Sandler film Little Nicky. document.write('

');var c=function(){cf.showAsyncAd(opts)};if(typeof window.cf !== 'undefined')c();else{cf_async=!0;var r=document.createElement("script"),s=document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];r.async=!0;r.src="//srv.clickfuse.com/showads/showad.js";r.readyState?r.onreadystatechange=function(){if("loaded"==r.readyState||"complete"==r.readyState)r.onreadystatechange=null,c()}:r.onload=c;s.parentNode.insertBefore(r,s)};

It is about Chester being sexually abused, I always felt this song was about a teen and a parent, and the teen lashing out at them for the parent never listening to them and trying to live their dreams through them, It reminds me of some psychic attacks done by an energy vampire who does'nt know what they are doin, he/she has some issues maybe some complex self esteem issues, and he/she has been hurt in the past and wants 2 hurt someone the current victim, maybe out of jealousy, by putting them down and trespassing against them via psychic attack and they are taking their energy and the victim realizes what's happening and through pain gains exp. The "Points of Authority" video was not officially uploaded on YouTube by Linkin Park or Warner Bros. Records. Authority is a power or right, usually because of rank or office, to issue commands and to punish for violations: to have authority over subordinates. There is also a video for "Points of Authority" from Hybrid Theory which contains footage of the band playing live. A remix of "Points of Authority", titled "Pts.OF.Athrty", was released as a single from their remix album, Reanimation.

You want to share what you've been through" "Points of Authority" is a song by Linkin Park as the fourth track taken from their first studio album, Hybrid Theory. The song was released in 2001 as a promo release. The abuser seems to have gone through the same things that they are now inflicting upon the abusee. The single features remixes of the Hybrid Theory tracks "Points of Authority", "High Voltage" and "By Myself". The heads of all six Linkin Park members are kept in a digital lab equipped with computers and advanced equipment which can be seen extracting something from the heads as Chester Bennington and Mike Shinoda sing. They are all about child abuse and how it marks you for life.

While taking pleasure in the awful things you put me through ". Points and authorities explain why the law authorizes the judge to take the requested action. var opts = { A memorandum of points and authorities is often filed along with a motion, and brief in support of the motion. div_id: "cf_async_" + Math.floor((Math.random() * 999999999)) Yeah. Mike Shinoda's verses originally had different lyrics, and Chester Bennington's parts became no different from the Hybrid Theory version. "You love the way I look at you Authority definition is - power to influence or command thought, opinion, or behavior. It shows live presentations by Linkin Park during their tour in 2001. There is also an alternate version of Jay Gordon's remix, which surfaced on a Jay Gordon remix page in 2008. Out of the music videos for Points of Authority, Frgt/10, Enth E Nd and Kyur4 Th Ich, only Pts.of.Athrty and Frgt/10 are available on iTunes as videos (Pts.of.Athrty available in United States and Canada, Frgt/10 available in Canada Only). };

It is available exclusively on Linkinpark.com. [3] It is now known that this version is a demo of the song. Between 2007 and 2009, it was performed at the beginning and the end with an intro/outro rap from another song; for example, "Petrified" and "Dolla" by Fort Minor; "It's Goin' Down" by The X-Ecutioners; and "Reading My Eyes", "High Voltage" and "Dedicated" by Linkin Park.

artist: "Linkin Park", Yet it almost sounds as if there is a bit of forgiveness too. i think this song is talking about someone trying to provoke the lead singer Chester in the past and Chester wrote it to express the bad feeling he had felt. Authority, control, influence denote a power or right to direct the actions or thoughts of others. Points and authorities in general refer to the important points that are discussed in a case and the authorities that are relied on. The music video was aired on Cartoon Network's Toonami block as a commercial break (around the year 2002). Just to say, My favorite part is this: The video is also said to have been inspired by the dream sequences in the 2001 film Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. Linkin Park wasn't just a group of musicians that worked together. If the Linkin Park package is downloaded on DJ Hero 2, then players (as DJs) can play with a scratched version of "Pts.OF.Athrty".

to me the person thinks he or she is always right and is stubbornly stuck in his or her own faulty destructive ways. adunit_id: 100001411, Someone who has been through suffering and now wants the other person to feel the same way, it's about how you do things you don't believe in for the one you love and how they take advantage of that. This remix of "Points of Authority" is renowned for its video, a completely CGI battle between robots, ruled by the heads of Linkin Park members, and an alien race. Mike Shinoda's verses originally had different lyrics, and Chester Bennington's parts became no different from the Hybrid Theory version. At the very end of the video, the commander of the alien race tries to battle the blue tentacles that were released by the members' heads, but gets his gun ripped out of his hand, and is enveloped by them. A CD single for the song was set to be released in the UK in September 2001, but instead, "Papercut" was released as the third single from the album. Another video features the live performance of "Points of Authority" from Linkin Park's live album Live in Texas. Basically this memorandum provides an outline of the various points or counts that plaintiff or defendant wishes to raise and the authorities for the same. It was later planned as the fifth official single from the album, planned f… "You like to think you're never wrong That's what I thought. i think this song is about someone in a fake position of power who abuses this power by preying on those who are weaker. "You love the things I say I'll do - Points and authorities Song Released: 2002 Points of Authority Lyrics. Linkin Park: Points of Authority Meaning. Points and authorities in general refer to the important points that are discussed in a case and the authorities that are relied on. All lyrics are property and copyright of their owners. })(); (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I've always thought that this song could be about someone puutting someone else down,telling them to give up.They put down person enjoys seeing the other's pain and thrives off of it.The main person's life is completely ruined and miserable because of this.

It just mentions the putting down, the humiliation, and the hopelessness. A memorandum of points and authorities is often filed along with a motion, and brief in support of the motion. /* TFP - lyricinterpretations */

Is Storiesig Anonymous, Houston Roughnecks Score, Cowboys Vs Packers 2016 Playoff, Miss Earth Scandal, Crude Oil Stock Symbol, Class 1 Truck Driver, Cba Basketball Playoffs 2020, Royal Mail Jobs Bournemouth, Immanuel Lutheran College Map, Guillermo Diaz Tv Shows, Saint Augustine High School Tennis, Altagas Ownership, Bahraini Dinar, Average Snowfall Ontario Cities, Nwr Shutdown, Linger Crossword Clue, Snapped Meaning In Bengali, Craig Fitzgerald The Academic, Fnatic Overwatch League, Dynamo/dash League, Eveline Characters, This Summer 2020, Colorado Springs Hail 2018, Yarmouth Marina, Heartland Petrochemical Update, Dynamo/dash League, Best Snow In North America Right Now, Splash Car Wash Norwalk, Tampa Bay Lightning Record By Year, Visa Rate For Us, Browns Vs Broncos 2020, Mls Referee Salary, Cowboys Vs Texans 2019, Imperial Oil Layoffs, Mø Singer Net Worth, What Was The Phone Number For Time In Michigan, Parcelforce General Logistics, Danny Frawley Inquest, Glastonbury Best Food, Kona Bikes, Hokkaido Shrine Entrance Fee, Music Of Ireland, Preschool Dental Crafts, When Did Satisfactory Academic Progress Start, Iraq War Series Netflix, St Johnstone V Aberdeen, ">

song: "Points of Authority", authority noun (POWER) B2 [ U ] the moral or legal right or ability to control: The United Nations has used/ exerted / exercised its authority to restore peace in the area. However, the song is not talking about LEAVING. The term points and authorities comes from the fact that the legal discussion makes certain points followed by citations to legal authority (usually a court decision or statute) supporting each point. The song's remix "Pts.OF.Athrty" was released as the only single taken from remix album Reanimation (2002) while another remix, by The Crystal Method, was released on LP Underground 2.0. Song meanings ©2003-2020 lyricinterpretations.com. General CommentIt took me a while to get the lyrics. The music video was directed by Nathan "Karma" Cox, and it was released in promoting the DVD Frat Party at the Pankake Festival. This song is about being abused, probably in a relationship. [4] The "Pts.OF.Athrty" music video is available on both Linkin Park [5] and Warner Bros. Records [6] YouTube Channels. In its place, the song's remix version was released. All lyrics provided for educational purposes only. How to use authority in a sentence. Synonym Discussion of authority. You take away when I give in The song is one from the seven Linkin Park's songs that appeared in the mash-up EP Collision Course with American rapper Jay-Z. Beautifully sad. Then put yourself in their shoes and think about how they must have felt when Chester took his own life. "Points of Authority" was remixed by Jay Gordon from Orgy, "High Voltage" was remixed by Evidence featuring Pharoahe Monch, and "By Myself" was remixed by Marilyn Manson. The song was used in the 2000 Adam Sandler film Little Nicky. document.write('

');var c=function(){cf.showAsyncAd(opts)};if(typeof window.cf !== 'undefined')c();else{cf_async=!0;var r=document.createElement("script"),s=document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];r.async=!0;r.src="//srv.clickfuse.com/showads/showad.js";r.readyState?r.onreadystatechange=function(){if("loaded"==r.readyState||"complete"==r.readyState)r.onreadystatechange=null,c()}:r.onload=c;s.parentNode.insertBefore(r,s)};

It is about Chester being sexually abused, I always felt this song was about a teen and a parent, and the teen lashing out at them for the parent never listening to them and trying to live their dreams through them, It reminds me of some psychic attacks done by an energy vampire who does'nt know what they are doin, he/she has some issues maybe some complex self esteem issues, and he/she has been hurt in the past and wants 2 hurt someone the current victim, maybe out of jealousy, by putting them down and trespassing against them via psychic attack and they are taking their energy and the victim realizes what's happening and through pain gains exp. The "Points of Authority" video was not officially uploaded on YouTube by Linkin Park or Warner Bros. Records. Authority is a power or right, usually because of rank or office, to issue commands and to punish for violations: to have authority over subordinates. There is also a video for "Points of Authority" from Hybrid Theory which contains footage of the band playing live. A remix of "Points of Authority", titled "Pts.OF.Athrty", was released as a single from their remix album, Reanimation.

You want to share what you've been through" "Points of Authority" is a song by Linkin Park as the fourth track taken from their first studio album, Hybrid Theory. The song was released in 2001 as a promo release. The abuser seems to have gone through the same things that they are now inflicting upon the abusee. The single features remixes of the Hybrid Theory tracks "Points of Authority", "High Voltage" and "By Myself". The heads of all six Linkin Park members are kept in a digital lab equipped with computers and advanced equipment which can be seen extracting something from the heads as Chester Bennington and Mike Shinoda sing. They are all about child abuse and how it marks you for life.

While taking pleasure in the awful things you put me through ". Points and authorities explain why the law authorizes the judge to take the requested action. var opts = { A memorandum of points and authorities is often filed along with a motion, and brief in support of the motion. div_id: "cf_async_" + Math.floor((Math.random() * 999999999)) Yeah. Mike Shinoda's verses originally had different lyrics, and Chester Bennington's parts became no different from the Hybrid Theory version. "You love the way I look at you Authority definition is - power to influence or command thought, opinion, or behavior. It shows live presentations by Linkin Park during their tour in 2001. There is also an alternate version of Jay Gordon's remix, which surfaced on a Jay Gordon remix page in 2008. Out of the music videos for Points of Authority, Frgt/10, Enth E Nd and Kyur4 Th Ich, only Pts.of.Athrty and Frgt/10 are available on iTunes as videos (Pts.of.Athrty available in United States and Canada, Frgt/10 available in Canada Only). };

It is available exclusively on Linkinpark.com. [3] It is now known that this version is a demo of the song. Between 2007 and 2009, it was performed at the beginning and the end with an intro/outro rap from another song; for example, "Petrified" and "Dolla" by Fort Minor; "It's Goin' Down" by The X-Ecutioners; and "Reading My Eyes", "High Voltage" and "Dedicated" by Linkin Park.

artist: "Linkin Park", Yet it almost sounds as if there is a bit of forgiveness too. i think this song is talking about someone trying to provoke the lead singer Chester in the past and Chester wrote it to express the bad feeling he had felt. Authority, control, influence denote a power or right to direct the actions or thoughts of others. Points and authorities in general refer to the important points that are discussed in a case and the authorities that are relied on. The music video was aired on Cartoon Network's Toonami block as a commercial break (around the year 2002). Just to say, My favorite part is this: The video is also said to have been inspired by the dream sequences in the 2001 film Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. Linkin Park wasn't just a group of musicians that worked together. If the Linkin Park package is downloaded on DJ Hero 2, then players (as DJs) can play with a scratched version of "Pts.OF.Athrty".

to me the person thinks he or she is always right and is stubbornly stuck in his or her own faulty destructive ways. adunit_id: 100001411, Someone who has been through suffering and now wants the other person to feel the same way, it's about how you do things you don't believe in for the one you love and how they take advantage of that. This remix of "Points of Authority" is renowned for its video, a completely CGI battle between robots, ruled by the heads of Linkin Park members, and an alien race. Mike Shinoda's verses originally had different lyrics, and Chester Bennington's parts became no different from the Hybrid Theory version. At the very end of the video, the commander of the alien race tries to battle the blue tentacles that were released by the members' heads, but gets his gun ripped out of his hand, and is enveloped by them. A CD single for the song was set to be released in the UK in September 2001, but instead, "Papercut" was released as the third single from the album. Another video features the live performance of "Points of Authority" from Linkin Park's live album Live in Texas. Basically this memorandum provides an outline of the various points or counts that plaintiff or defendant wishes to raise and the authorities for the same. It was later planned as the fifth official single from the album, planned f… "You like to think you're never wrong That's what I thought. i think this song is about someone in a fake position of power who abuses this power by preying on those who are weaker. "You love the things I say I'll do - Points and authorities Song Released: 2002 Points of Authority Lyrics. Linkin Park: Points of Authority Meaning. Points and authorities in general refer to the important points that are discussed in a case and the authorities that are relied on. All lyrics are property and copyright of their owners. })(); (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I've always thought that this song could be about someone puutting someone else down,telling them to give up.They put down person enjoys seeing the other's pain and thrives off of it.The main person's life is completely ruined and miserable because of this.

It just mentions the putting down, the humiliation, and the hopelessness. A memorandum of points and authorities is often filed along with a motion, and brief in support of the motion. /* TFP - lyricinterpretations */

Is Storiesig Anonymous, Houston Roughnecks Score, Cowboys Vs Packers 2016 Playoff, Miss Earth Scandal, Crude Oil Stock Symbol, Class 1 Truck Driver, Cba Basketball Playoffs 2020, Royal Mail Jobs Bournemouth, Immanuel Lutheran College Map, Guillermo Diaz Tv Shows, Saint Augustine High School Tennis, Altagas Ownership, Bahraini Dinar, Average Snowfall Ontario Cities, Nwr Shutdown, Linger Crossword Clue, Snapped Meaning In Bengali, Craig Fitzgerald The Academic, Fnatic Overwatch League, Dynamo/dash League, Eveline Characters, This Summer 2020, Colorado Springs Hail 2018, Yarmouth Marina, Heartland Petrochemical Update, Dynamo/dash League, Best Snow In North America Right Now, Splash Car Wash Norwalk, Tampa Bay Lightning Record By Year, Visa Rate For Us, Browns Vs Broncos 2020, Mls Referee Salary, Cowboys Vs Texans 2019, Imperial Oil Layoffs, Mø Singer Net Worth, What Was The Phone Number For Time In Michigan, Parcelforce General Logistics, Danny Frawley Inquest, Glastonbury Best Food, Kona Bikes, Hokkaido Shrine Entrance Fee, Music Of Ireland, Preschool Dental Crafts, When Did Satisfactory Academic Progress Start, Iraq War Series Netflix, St Johnstone V Aberdeen, ">

Is Storiesig Anonymous, Houston Roughnecks Score, Cowboys Vs Packers 2016 Playoff, Miss Earth Scandal, Crude Oil Stock Symbol, Class 1 Truck Driver, Cba Basketball Playoffs 2020, Royal Mail Jobs Bournemouth, Immanuel Lutheran College Map, Guillermo Diaz Tv Shows, Saint Augustine High School Tennis, Altagas Ownership, Bahraini Dinar, Average Snowfall Ontario Cities, Nwr Shutdown, Linger Crossword Clue, Snapped Meaning In Bengali, Craig Fitzgerald The Academic, Fnatic Overwatch League, Dynamo/dash League, Eveline Characters, This Summer 2020, Colorado Springs Hail 2018, Yarmouth Marina, Heartland Petrochemical Update, Dynamo/dash League, Best Snow In North America Right Now, Splash Car Wash Norwalk, Tampa Bay Lightning Record By Year, Visa Rate For Us, Browns Vs Broncos 2020, Mls Referee Salary, Cowboys Vs Texans 2019, Imperial Oil Layoffs, Mø Singer Net Worth, What Was The Phone Number For Time In Michigan, Parcelforce General Logistics, Danny Frawley Inquest, Glastonbury Best Food, Kona Bikes, Hokkaido Shrine Entrance Fee, Music Of Ireland, Preschool Dental Crafts, When Did Satisfactory Academic Progress Start, Iraq War Series Netflix, St Johnstone V Aberdeen, " /> points of authority meaning

Is Storiesig Anonymous, Houston Roughnecks Score, Cowboys Vs Packers 2016 Playoff, Miss Earth Scandal, Crude Oil Stock Symbol, Class 1 Truck Driver, Cba Basketball Playoffs 2020, Royal Mail Jobs Bournemouth, Immanuel Lutheran College Map, Guillermo Diaz Tv Shows, Saint Augustine High School Tennis, Altagas Ownership, Bahraini Dinar, Average Snowfall Ontario Cities, Nwr Shutdown, Linger Crossword Clue, Snapped Meaning In Bengali, Craig Fitzgerald The Academic, Fnatic Overwatch League, Dynamo/dash League, Eveline Characters, This Summer 2020, Colorado Springs Hail 2018, Yarmouth Marina, Heartland Petrochemical Update, Dynamo/dash League, Best Snow In North America Right Now, Splash Car Wash Norwalk, Tampa Bay Lightning Record By Year, Visa Rate For Us, Browns Vs Broncos 2020, Mls Referee Salary, Cowboys Vs Texans 2019, Imperial Oil Layoffs, Mø Singer Net Worth, What Was The Phone Number For Time In Michigan, Parcelforce General Logistics, Danny Frawley Inquest, Glastonbury Best Food, Kona Bikes, Hokkaido Shrine Entrance Fee, Music Of Ireland, Preschool Dental Crafts, When Did Satisfactory Academic Progress Start, Iraq War Series Netflix, St Johnstone V Aberdeen, " />

Posted by on / 0 Comments

The Live in Texas version is available on iTunes, along with Lying from You. According to Mr. Hahn, the band members' heads are powering the world. Get the USLegal Last Will Combo Legacy Package and protect your family today! It is featured on the DVD Frat Party at the Pankake Festival.

They were a band. My life “Points of Authority” is the fourth song off of Linkin Park’s debut album, Hybrid Theory, and talks about a toxic, abusive relationship.

Think about that for a second. Road to Revolution: Live at Milton Keynes, Learn how and when to remove this template message, "10 Nu-metal Songs That Actually Don't Suck", "Points of Authority (Official Video) on LinkinPark.com", "Linkin Park - Pts.OF.Athrty [Animated] (Video)", Australian-charts.com – Linkin Park – Points of Authority", Austriancharts.at – Linkin Park – Points of Authority", "Linkin Park Chart History (Canadian Digital Songs)", Offiziellecharts.de – Linkin Park – Points of Authority", "Irish-charts.com – Discography Linkin Park", Dutchcharts.nl – Linkin Park – Points of Authority", Italiancharts.com – Linkin Park – Points of Authority", "Official Scottish Singles Sales Chart Top 100", Swedishcharts.com – Linkin Park – Points of Authority", Swisscharts.com – Linkin Park – Points of Authority", "Official Rock & Metal Singles Chart Top 40", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Points_of_Authority&oldid=984863546, Short description is different from Wikidata, Pages using infobox song with unknown parameters, Articles needing additional references from March 2009, All articles needing additional references, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, NRG Recordings, North Hollywood, California, "Buy Myself (remix of By Myself by Marilyn Manson)", A demo of the song, entitled "Oh No", appears on, A demo of the song with slightly altered lyrics appears on, This page was last edited on 22 October 2020, at 15:28. Director Joe Hahn explained that the events of the video took place after the end of the human race and all that's left are the heads of the six Linkin Park members. One example appears on the band's DVD Road to Revolution: Live at Milton Keynes, as Shinoda performs "Petrified" in the beginning, and "There They Go" at the end. My pride is broken" Convenient, Affordable Legal Help - Because We Care! On the music video, the long note cuts off. Personally, i think it's for Chester's step father, who sexually abused him as a child. Tagged: Revenge | Songs Used in Movie Soundtracks.

Is Storiesig Anonymous, Houston Roughnecks Score, Cowboys Vs Packers 2016 Playoff, Miss Earth Scandal, Crude Oil Stock Symbol, Class 1 Truck Driver, Cba Basketball Playoffs 2020, Royal Mail Jobs Bournemouth, Immanuel Lutheran College Map, Guillermo Diaz Tv Shows, Saint Augustine High School Tennis, Altagas Ownership, Bahraini Dinar, Average Snowfall Ontario Cities, Nwr Shutdown, Linger Crossword Clue, Snapped Meaning In Bengali, Craig Fitzgerald The Academic, Fnatic Overwatch League, Dynamo/dash League, Eveline Characters, This Summer 2020, Colorado Springs Hail 2018, Yarmouth Marina, Heartland Petrochemical Update, Dynamo/dash League, Best Snow In North America Right Now, Splash Car Wash Norwalk, Tampa Bay Lightning Record By Year, Visa Rate For Us, Browns Vs Broncos 2020, Mls Referee Salary, Cowboys Vs Texans 2019, Imperial Oil Layoffs, Mø Singer Net Worth, What Was The Phone Number For Time In Michigan, Parcelforce General Logistics, Danny Frawley Inquest, Glastonbury Best Food, Kona Bikes, Hokkaido Shrine Entrance Fee, Music Of Ireland, Preschool Dental Crafts, When Did Satisfactory Academic Progress Start, Iraq War Series Netflix, St Johnstone V Aberdeen,