St. Tillo was a monk who was kidnapped and enslaved.

ST. BALTHASAR Want to know more about this incredible saint who the Church celebrates on May 22nd? It can fit in easily with the playground set, however, through its nicknames—I’ve heard Ace, Ash, and Nash, which provide a nice modern hipster flare. Fortunately, there are a lot of saints to choose from, from every country and culture, so finding names that fit a more offbeat personal name style isn’t as hard as it might seem. Patapois came from the Upper Kemetian area known as the Thebaid. 20, 2016). Laura Hensley is a freelance writer, web developer, and runs the blog, www.catholicupgrade.net.  She is a lifelong Catholic who teaches 2nd grade religious education, and loves studying the Bible.

2001 Super Bowl Winner, Wait For Tomorrow Lyrics Pearl Jam, Cardinals Coaching Staff, United Football Federation Of America, Christina Aguilera National Anthem, Timer For 45 Minutes, Morning Bugle Call - Crossword Clue, 40/20 Rule Rugby Union, 1st Year Phd Progress Report Example, The Aeronaut's Windlass Pdf, Fantasy Defense Rankings 2018, Beachfront Property For Sale, 2018 Dodge Charger For Sale Ontario, Galapagos Islands Map, Bloodtusk Spaulders, Fc Dallas Vs Houston Dynamo Prediction, Tse Ipl, Arsenal Vs Newcastle Replay, Haines City Zip Codewhat Was The Big House In Slavery, Individual Investors Of America, Rabbitohs Vs Roosters Crowd Attendance, Trulli Gp, Rayan Aït-nouri Fm20, Reliance Jio Share Price Nse, The Undoing Release Date, Thank You For Letting Me Be Myself Cover, Decalcomania Synonym, Richard Randall Sims 3, You Should Have Left Release Date Dvd, Mike Parry Net Worth, Best Youtube Channels To Learn Animation, Frontera Generation Blackstone, Olivia Anderson, Do, Voice Recorder For Singing, A2 Milk Business Model, Joe West Umpire Salary, Buddy Franklin Baby, Hit Crossword Clue, Raiders Vs Falcons 2019, Ferry To Isle Of Skye, How Bad Do You Want Me Quotes, How To Describe Lines In Art, Do Babies Have Personalities In The Womb, Marcus Williams Stats, Let's Get Started Meaning In Marathi, ">

ST. BALTHASAR Want to know more about this incredible saint who the Church celebrates on May 22nd? It can fit in easily with the playground set, however, through its nicknames—I’ve heard Ace, Ash, and Nash, which provide a nice modern hipster flare. Fortunately, there are a lot of saints to choose from, from every country and culture, so finding names that fit a more offbeat personal name style isn’t as hard as it might seem. Patapois came from the Upper Kemetian area known as the Thebaid. 20, 2016). Laura Hensley is a freelance writer, web developer, and runs the blog, www.catholicupgrade.net.  She is a lifelong Catholic who teaches 2nd grade religious education, and loves studying the Bible.

2001 Super Bowl Winner, Wait For Tomorrow Lyrics Pearl Jam, Cardinals Coaching Staff, United Football Federation Of America, Christina Aguilera National Anthem, Timer For 45 Minutes, Morning Bugle Call - Crossword Clue, 40/20 Rule Rugby Union, 1st Year Phd Progress Report Example, The Aeronaut's Windlass Pdf, Fantasy Defense Rankings 2018, Beachfront Property For Sale, 2018 Dodge Charger For Sale Ontario, Galapagos Islands Map, Bloodtusk Spaulders, Fc Dallas Vs Houston Dynamo Prediction, Tse Ipl, Arsenal Vs Newcastle Replay, Haines City Zip Codewhat Was The Big House In Slavery, Individual Investors Of America, Rabbitohs Vs Roosters Crowd Attendance, Trulli Gp, Rayan Aït-nouri Fm20, Reliance Jio Share Price Nse, The Undoing Release Date, Thank You For Letting Me Be Myself Cover, Decalcomania Synonym, Richard Randall Sims 3, You Should Have Left Release Date Dvd, Mike Parry Net Worth, Best Youtube Channels To Learn Animation, Frontera Generation Blackstone, Olivia Anderson, Do, Voice Recorder For Singing, A2 Milk Business Model, Joe West Umpire Salary, Buddy Franklin Baby, Hit Crossword Clue, Raiders Vs Falcons 2019, Ferry To Isle Of Skye, How Bad Do You Want Me Quotes, How To Describe Lines In Art, Do Babies Have Personalities In The Womb, Marcus Williams Stats, Let's Get Started Meaning In Marathi, ">

2001 Super Bowl Winner, Wait For Tomorrow Lyrics Pearl Jam, Cardinals Coaching Staff, United Football Federation Of America, Christina Aguilera National Anthem, Timer For 45 Minutes, Morning Bugle Call - Crossword Clue, 40/20 Rule Rugby Union, 1st Year Phd Progress Report Example, The Aeronaut's Windlass Pdf, Fantasy Defense Rankings 2018, Beachfront Property For Sale, 2018 Dodge Charger For Sale Ontario, Galapagos Islands Map, Bloodtusk Spaulders, Fc Dallas Vs Houston Dynamo Prediction, Tse Ipl, Arsenal Vs Newcastle Replay, Haines City Zip Codewhat Was The Big House In Slavery, Individual Investors Of America, Rabbitohs Vs Roosters Crowd Attendance, Trulli Gp, Rayan Aït-nouri Fm20, Reliance Jio Share Price Nse, The Undoing Release Date, Thank You For Letting Me Be Myself Cover, Decalcomania Synonym, Richard Randall Sims 3, You Should Have Left Release Date Dvd, Mike Parry Net Worth, Best Youtube Channels To Learn Animation, Frontera Generation Blackstone, Olivia Anderson, Do, Voice Recorder For Singing, A2 Milk Business Model, Joe West Umpire Salary, Buddy Franklin Baby, Hit Crossword Clue, Raiders Vs Falcons 2019, Ferry To Isle Of Skye, How Bad Do You Want Me Quotes, How To Describe Lines In Art, Do Babies Have Personalities In The Womb, Marcus Williams Stats, Let's Get Started Meaning In Marathi, " /> unusual saints names

2001 Super Bowl Winner, Wait For Tomorrow Lyrics Pearl Jam, Cardinals Coaching Staff, United Football Federation Of America, Christina Aguilera National Anthem, Timer For 45 Minutes, Morning Bugle Call - Crossword Clue, 40/20 Rule Rugby Union, 1st Year Phd Progress Report Example, The Aeronaut's Windlass Pdf, Fantasy Defense Rankings 2018, Beachfront Property For Sale, 2018 Dodge Charger For Sale Ontario, Galapagos Islands Map, Bloodtusk Spaulders, Fc Dallas Vs Houston Dynamo Prediction, Tse Ipl, Arsenal Vs Newcastle Replay, Haines City Zip Codewhat Was The Big House In Slavery, Individual Investors Of America, Rabbitohs Vs Roosters Crowd Attendance, Trulli Gp, Rayan Aït-nouri Fm20, Reliance Jio Share Price Nse, The Undoing Release Date, Thank You For Letting Me Be Myself Cover, Decalcomania Synonym, Richard Randall Sims 3, You Should Have Left Release Date Dvd, Mike Parry Net Worth, Best Youtube Channels To Learn Animation, Frontera Generation Blackstone, Olivia Anderson, Do, Voice Recorder For Singing, A2 Milk Business Model, Joe West Umpire Salary, Buddy Franklin Baby, Hit Crossword Clue, Raiders Vs Falcons 2019, Ferry To Isle Of Skye, How Bad Do You Want Me Quotes, How To Describe Lines In Art, Do Babies Have Personalities In The Womb, Marcus Williams Stats, Let's Get Started Meaning In Marathi, " />

Posted by on / 0 Comments

She blogs at www.PrincipessaMeetsWorld.com and yinz can find her on Twitter @TheresaZoe. If you like to buy a vowel, this name is yours! They took it as a sign and elected him, even though no one knew who he was! Nicanor, Nicodemus — These Nic– names are the rarest of the rare—there were only six boys named Nicanor in 2015 and thirty named Nicodemus. Pope Saint John Paul II named him the patron saint of Iceland.

Can You Match These Saints to Their Weird Patronages?

Tell Us Why You Avoid Confession and We’ll Guess Your Temperament, This is the Hardest Holy Spirit Gifts Quiz, Ever, Can I Get a Tattoo? Later in his life, he traveled from Egypt to Constantinople to be a hermit. Tell Us Why You Avoid Confession and We’ll Guess Your Temperament, This is the Hardest Holy Spirit Gifts Quiz, Ever, Can I Get a Tattoo? Design by Perceptions Design Studio. What more could we hope for our daughters than doing anything in their power to keep their chastity! I really wish his name was “Lawdawg”. Her sister’s name was Tharsilla, not to be confused with Ursula. St Gertrude of Nivelles Patron saint of the fear of mice (suriphobia) Saint Gertrude was the younger daughter of Blessed Pepin I of Landen and Blessed Ida of Nivelles; she was the sister of Saint Begga. She founded a Benedictine convent after the king died. Joachim — Catholic tradition holds that the names of the Blessed Virgin’s parents were Joachim and Anne, and Joachim is used with some regularity across Europe and is well represented among athletes. … She was a mystic who was also the aunt of Pope St. Gregory the Great.

This is a list of ten of the most unusual patronages held by a saint. She received her BA in Theology, Catechetics/Youth Ministry, and English Writing from Franciscan University of Steubenvile. Mike Schmitz on Love and Same Sex Attraction (WATCH), Abby Johnson’s Full Speech at the 2020 RNC, Healing Divisions: the Catholic Response to Racism—WATCH. St. Glaphyra fled the royal court to protect her chastity by going to St.

20, 2016). St. Sulpicious renounced his wealth and rejected marriage. Sometimes called Blessed Zenon, this man was a Ukrainian priest and was martyred in 1941. Design by Perceptions Design Studio. St. Bathidldis was became queen when she married King Clovis II, and had three sons with awesome names too, Clotaire III, Childeric II, and Thierry III.

Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. Her saintly brother’s name is the equally unusual – Saint Nectan. But with the popularity of Nicholas and Dominic and a whole host of other names that can nickname to Nick or Nico, these two names should get more play. Instead of eating the bird, he befriended it. Not to be confused with Fabio, as a layperson went to Rome to witness the election of a new Pope. It feels sort of like a mashup of Francis and Christina and could appeal to parents who love those names. ST. ADJUTOR Perpetua is one of my favorite guilty pleasure names. and became a recluse, understandably, in his later years. St. Hubert of Liege: The Patron Saint of The Fear Of Werewolves. Frumentius was sent to Ethiopia by St. Athanasius.

Can You Match These Saints to Their Weird Patronages? Adela: Adela, the Frankish princess, was the abbess and disciple of St. Boniface. He’s a huge favorite among Catholic families, and while Maximilian gets a good deal of attention from parents (one of the more unusual Max– names), Kolbe holds its own as a regularly chosen first name. 9:22) basically describes her life as writer, homemaker, friend and sister, wife, and mother of 3 spunky children, all for the sake of Gospel joy. In October 2015 Pope Francis canonized Louis and Zélie Martin, the parents of the well-known and loved St. Therese of Lisieux. Click here. 14 Awesome and Downright Hilarious Saint Names for Your Next Kid, What Everyone is REALLY Thinking in the Cry Room. Instead he became Pope through the power of the Holy Spirit in the form of a dove which descended upon his head. All Rights Reserved. In the world of Catholic names, John, Paul, James, Mary, Katherine, and Elizabeth barely scratch the surface. Poor St. Emerentiana, was stoned to death when praying at her foster sister’s grave, St. Agnes. Find Saints Popular Saints Saints by Alphabet Saint of the Day Female Saints Saint Feast Days by Month Patron Saints by Alphabet American Saints African/Black Saints Irish Saints Japanese Saints Martyr Saints It also might come across as somewhat British (as in a colleague of Bridget Jones), and the current nicknames I’m hearing include Pia, Pippa, Peppa, and Poppy, which are pretty on-trend at the moment. Want to know more about this patron of Aksumite Empire? 2. Emerentiana was stoned to death when she was found praying at the grave of Saint Agnes. 8 – St. Hubert. © Copyright EpicPew. Perpetua — Perpetua honors the third century saint, who was martyred as a young nursing mother for her faith. He regulated the Augustinian rule in Iceland and helped bring order and faith back to the Catholics of the country. Just be sure to watch out for those nicknames! Ambrose — St. Ambrose of Milan is revered as a Doctor of the Church and was the teacher of the great St. Augustine. Here are ten of my favorite cool and unique saints’ names I like suggesting when I do name consultations: SAINTS’ NAMES FOR GIRLS. They were arrested, scourged and beheaded for protesting the emperor’s edicts on the veneration of relics. Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. © Copyright EpicPew. Her dad’s name? But now it is said she watched over all other ice-skaters. Mike Schmitz on Love and Same Sex Attraction (WATCH), Abby Johnson’s Full Speech at the 2020 RNC, Healing Divisions: the Catholic Response to Racism—WATCH. Here are some of the most outlandish names of saints that we could find! St. Isidore – The Internet.

1 Response to “Best Cool, Unique Saints’ Names”. He was an archbishop and given a goose for dinner. Instead of eating the bird, he befriended it. In a surprising twist, she is invoked as the patroness against rabies. I couldn’t find any pictures for him, but I did find a different lapdog! Poor Saint Lidwina was aged just 15 when she fell while ice skating, fracturing her ribs. I guess he offered his life up for the sins of his namesake, Adam. Quiteria was beheaded for refusing to marrying and revoking her Christian faith. He was the Archbishop of Caterbury from 692 until his death. I think Pippa, Perry, and Petal would all make great nicknames. St. Adjutor is said to have either escaped Muslim captors during the First Crusade and escaped by... 2. Want to find out more about this Ukrainian Greek Catholic priest and martyr? Great names stick together. St. Adamnan had the gift of prophecy and was a monk who lived a life of severe austerity. She sadly never recovered and was left disabled for the rest of her life. Faustina — St. Faustina Kowalska was a Polish nun and mystic who wrote about Jesus’ Divine Mercy in her Diary. Why go with Robert when you could use Rigobert! All Rights Reserved. He was beatified by Saint Pope John Paul II. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Perfect for your little saintly namesake. Generally said ZAY-lee or ZEL-lee, it might have even crept into the SSA’s top 1000 in 2015. Read more: 14 Awesome and Downright Hilarious Saint Names for Your Next Kid. He was so grateful he wasn’t stuffed, he would follow the saint to Mass and wait for him at the altar. The Spanish variant Joaquín (hwah-KEEN) is fairly well known and used (as in actor Joaquín Phoenix). What do you think of the names listed here? He was later a bishop of Ethiopia and called the Apostle to Aksum.

She is Pennsylvanian by birth, Californian by heart, and in Colorado for the time being. Reminds me of “Ode to Joy!”. "I have become all things to all, to save at least some" (1 Cor. Father Mike Schmitz (WATCH), Fr. Athanasius — Like St. Ambrose, St. Athanasius is revered as a Doctor of the Church, and his name is definitely one of the weightiest and Churchiest of the saints’ names (i.e., there aren’t any secular Athanasiuses that can provide a familiar reference point). He eventually resigned as bishop to continue his work with the poor.

2001 Super Bowl Winner, Wait For Tomorrow Lyrics Pearl Jam, Cardinals Coaching Staff, United Football Federation Of America, Christina Aguilera National Anthem, Timer For 45 Minutes, Morning Bugle Call - Crossword Clue, 40/20 Rule Rugby Union, 1st Year Phd Progress Report Example, The Aeronaut's Windlass Pdf, Fantasy Defense Rankings 2018, Beachfront Property For Sale, 2018 Dodge Charger For Sale Ontario, Galapagos Islands Map, Bloodtusk Spaulders, Fc Dallas Vs Houston Dynamo Prediction, Tse Ipl, Arsenal Vs Newcastle Replay, Haines City Zip Codewhat Was The Big House In Slavery, Individual Investors Of America, Rabbitohs Vs Roosters Crowd Attendance, Trulli Gp, Rayan Aït-nouri Fm20, Reliance Jio Share Price Nse, The Undoing Release Date, Thank You For Letting Me Be Myself Cover, Decalcomania Synonym, Richard Randall Sims 3, You Should Have Left Release Date Dvd, Mike Parry Net Worth, Best Youtube Channels To Learn Animation, Frontera Generation Blackstone, Olivia Anderson, Do, Voice Recorder For Singing, A2 Milk Business Model, Joe West Umpire Salary, Buddy Franklin Baby, Hit Crossword Clue, Raiders Vs Falcons 2019, Ferry To Isle Of Skye, How Bad Do You Want Me Quotes, How To Describe Lines In Art, Do Babies Have Personalities In The Womb, Marcus Williams Stats, Let's Get Started Meaning In Marathi,