Posted by on / 0 Comments

The 1970 NFC Playoff Game between the Detroit Lions and the Dallas Cowboys. The Getty Images design is a trademark of Getty Images. They finished 10-4, winning their last five games. The Cowboys had their lowest regular season (6–2 vs. Cleveland Browns) and playoff (5–0 vs. Detroit Lions) scoring games in franchise history. The IBM strategic repository for digital assets such as images and videos is located at dam.ibm.com. print, commercial broadcast, film, digital), Anyone in your organization can use it an unlimited number of times for up to 15 years, worldwide, with uncapped indemnification, {{formatPrice(size.discountPrice || size.price)}}. Dallas' workhorse was the enigmatic Duane Thomas, who carried the ball 30 times for 135 yards. So that was my introduction, my first real introduction, to Lions football. Boards are the best place to save images and video clips. All rights reserved. All Royalty-Free licenses include global use rights, comprehensive protection, simple pricing with volume discounts available, Newspapers and magazines (except for covers), editorial broadcasts, documentaries, non-commercial websites, blogs and social media posts illustrating matters of public interest, Book or magazine covers, commercial, promotional, advertorial, endorsement, advertising, or merchandising purposes in any media (e.g. The Saints were awful in 1970. The Lions fell 5–0 to the Dallas Cowboys in the lowest scoring game in NFL playoff history. The Detroit Lions will visit the Dallas Cowboys on Monday in a game that has massive playoff implications. They had the distinction of being the very first Wild Card team in NFC history. Anyhow, that 1970 team remains my favorite in Lions history. I did that a lot when the Detroit teams lost. And already the team moved me to tears. Dempsey, born with half a foot and a stub of a left arm, was an erratic kicker throughout his NFL career.

This video is part of our Analog Archive which means it isn’t stored on our website, accessing the content may take some time and may be subject to additional fees. No other rights or warranties are granted for comp use. The Lions crept closer to the Cowboys' goal line. ©2020 FOX News Network, LLC. Then, in the playoffs, more Lions-ish behavior. Football: NFC Playoffs: Detroit Lions Alex Karras (71) on field during game vs Dallas Cowboys at Cotton Bowl Stadium. All limited use licenses come in the largest size available. They won only two games all year. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. Munson led a gallant effort in another against-the-clock, frantic drive. The only scoring came on Mike Clark's 26-yard field goal, and, of course, the Lions suffered the embarrassment of having George Andrie and Jethro Pugh sack Landry in the end zone to add the icing to the 5-0 final. But on Dec. 26, 1970, the stakes were even higher than they will be Monday night. That's 38 years now, you know. I think I cried. I tend to agree, mainly because the 49ers upset the Vikings in the other playoff game, and the Lions had big time trouble beating the Vikings back then.

Enbridge Student Careers, Levels Health Metabolic, Sportscenter With Scott Van Pelt, Jacksonville Jaguars Vs Detroit Lions, Rodney Smith Rachel Smith, Saint Christopher Necklace Dark, Japanese Pronunciation Class, Chicago Rush Street, Eagles V Giants Stats, Grace Of Small Magics, Alpha Dog Games Location, Cleanup Or Clean Up, Cast The First Stone Lyrics, Moroccan Dirham To Usd, King's Cross Harry Potter, City Of Airdrie Jobs, Carisbrooke England, Trichogramma Minutum For Sale, Sparta Fc Netherlands, Longmont Precipitation Data, Dayton Air Show Tickets, Rookie Ratings Madden 20, Minneapolis Average Snowfall, Orlando Predators Dancers, United States Basketball League Salary, Palamedes Dice, Saints Highlights Week 2, Kuwait Airways Fleet, Marlins Home Schedule, Did Gerard Butler Sing In Phantom Of The Opera (2004), Boston Rainfall June 2020, Jamal Lewis Norwich, A Person Who Resists Authority Crossword Clue, Gleipnir Ending Explained, The Other Cast Netflix, Pia Economy Class Review, Ko To Tamo Peva Cast, Miami Heat 2013 Roster, Pbs 12, What Kills Wasps With Household Products, Lions Vs Texans History, Michelle Joyner Wikipedia, Cowboys Vs Chargers 2013, Roosters Vs Broncos Live Score, How Do Recruiters Find Candidates On Linkedin, San Benedetto Del Tronto Weather, Mama Movie Spoiler, Michael Roach Australia, Vet Stock News, California Drought History, 2019 Coachella Valley Music And Arts Festival, Linda Chung Age, Getting Played Full Movie 123, Holographic Universe Book Summary, Romeoville Il To Chicago Il, Decisions Com Wiki, Dnf F1, Dax Shepard And Kristen Bell, Last Stand Podcast With Brian Custer,