Posted by on / 0 Comments

The price was reasonable and the staff were friendly. first ever visit to the isle of wight,so headed to what i was told was a main attraction,and would be well worth it,my impression,a small collection of shops selling junk,very tatty couple of kids fair rides,think your local fair standard,chair lift good,but its as if its leadig you down to the waiting speed boat trips!,at 9 quid a head,my impression DONT GO,you have been warned. We did not actually go out to the Needles or go on the chairlift as the day we visited, the windspeed was 86mph!! Other Outdoor Activities, Gardens, Points of Interest & Landmarks. Great views of the Needles on such a lovely day.️ Will be going back next year for the Needles boat trip. Chairlift. !Everything just seems tired and outdated. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. The food was cold, watery and overcooked. This website uses cookies to improve functionality. I was very frightened by what I thought to be a very dangerous ride... and had no warning given to me that this would be the case. Great time pottering filling bottles with the coloured sand they get nearby. The chairlift takes you back to the top but before taking your return journey you can enjoy Alum Bay beach and a trip on the Pleasure Boat. No encouragement was made to get you to use the coloured sands.The worst place though had to be the restaurant.
So, start your day with a delightful trip on the iconic chairlift – getting you from the top of the Alum Bay cliffs to the bottom in no time at all. Back at the park, there are a few rides for the children, as well as gift shops.A must is to visit the sand shop and make your view own souvenir from the coloured sand. Alum Bay Coloured SandsGeological folding of the Alpine orogeny, has caused the strata in the main section of the bay to become vertical, the older rocks are to the east. The floors were filthy.

This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC. By using this site, you accept the use of cookies on your device. Visiting The Needles on the last day of our holiday on the Isle of Wight was a good finale to our trip. I had assumed that it would be safe. Selected filters. Absolutely Not! Went to the island to surprise my mum for her birthday. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Car parking costs £4, entrance to Needles Park is free. For the more energetic people or if you have a dog , there are steps to the beach.

Went with family and enjoyed very much.

more. The staff are only concerned that you have paid for your ride, not whether you survive it. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. The rides are tired and need a lick of paint and the beach is full of pebbles, no sand!! Toilets unclean. This was my third visit to the needles-I visited as a child and then about 6 years ago. This is very high & steep...my children (age 12 & 3) loved it! Filter. There are no staff in place along the length of the ride. Though the journey was not long on chairlift but was worth trying it out !!! Hook-a-duck £2 (look for BOGOF voucher in welcome leaflet on entrance). If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. With thanks for contributions from Isle of Wight hobby photographers, Skeleton Ridge - The Needles, a short climbing video. The gap between the (safety) bar and the huge drops to the ground is significantly large - to the extent that a small child could easily slip through. Return pass costs £4 each, one-way is £3. Wow absolutely lovely thoroughly enjoyed the chair lift & the views were stunning. Overall, worth a visit. It was not. Cheapest way to pay for the attractions is to buy a book of vouchers - £12 worth will cost you £9 (use Tesco Clubcard vouchers to buy these). The main park itself is a bit dated, it hasn't changed much in the twenty years since I was last there, the highlight was filling various decorative containers with alum sands, well organised and you create a very nice momento. Has Health and Safely never been for a visit I wonder? Definitely recommended !!! The chairlift to the beach is a great way to relax and taking in the coloured cliffs. This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. The shop is full of plastic tatt that you would only buy as a joke gift for someone. Sweet- & glass-making exhibition £1 each per person. I took my 5 year old on the chair lift/ ski lift ride at the Needles (having paid a hideously expensive £4 charge to park...) It was the most terrifying experience of my life.

I realise that on a ski slope this would be impractical, but we were in a leisure park, where I had imagined that the sort of health and safety that applies to say a theme park, would be in place. It made me ashamed of our country. Face painting £3 - good value. We didn't bother. We even managed (with help from the staff) to have a ride on the chairlift. Overall, an enjoyable lazy few hours for families with young children. Very disappointed. Don't expect to see multi coloured sand on the beach, just a large chunk taken out of the cliff face rock to show the different colours fenced off by a plastic banner which you usually see on CSI. Continue your visit to www.tripadvisor.co.uk, 3-Day Isle of Wight and the Southern Coast Small-Group Tour from London, Day Trip from London to Isle of Wight by a Private Plane, Day Trip from Bournemouth to Isle of Wight by a Private Plane, I took my 5 year old on the chair lift/ ski lift ride at the Needles (having paid a hideously expensive £4 charge to park...), Hotels near The Needles Landmark Attraction, Hotels near (BOH) Bournebouth Intl Airport, Sacred & Religious Sites in Isle of Wight, Military Bases & Facilities in Isle of Wight, Points of Interest & Landmarks in Isle of Wight, Parasailing & Paragliding in Isle of Wight, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing in Isle of Wight, Fishing Charters & Tours in Isle of Wight, Observatories & Planetariums in Isle of Wight, Historical & Heritage Tours in Isle of Wight, Self-Guided Tours & Rentals in Isle of Wight, Game & Entertainment Centers in Isle of Wight, Boat Tours & Water Sports in Isle of Wight, The Isle of Wight Donkey Sanctuary Tickets. The Needles Chairlift continues to be a firm favourite with visitors and the best way to see the Isle of Wight’s most famous landmark. more. 3-Day Isle of Wight and the Southern Coast Small-Group Tour from London, Day Trip from London to Isle of Wight by a Private Plane, Day Trip from Bournemouth to Isle of Wight by a Private Plane, Wow absolutely lovely thoroughly enjoyed the chair lift & the views were stunning. Had a lovely trip up here with the kids and Hubster... there is a lot for the kids to do, I had fun in the arcade on the 2p machines... the views are amazing as well.. defo go again.. A trip the the needles on the Isle of Wight is a must for everybody. I've been here a few times before, so knew what to expect. Especially the Needles Chairlift made our day !!! Here are also boat rides available. A nice place to visit!!! The price was reasonable and the staff were friendly. Would recommend. Prices vary from £2 upwards...good value & my children enjoyed it. The range of attractions includes the spectacular chairlift ride to the beach and the sand cliffs. Oxidised iron compounds formed under different conditions have turned the sands into as many as 21 colours, The Needles LighthouseThe lighthouse has walls three feet thick at the base to withstand 20 foot waves, a light that can be seen 17 miles away and a powerful foghorn.Building started on the lighthouse in July 1857 by Trinity House at a cost of £20,000 and became operational in 1859.The lighthouse was manned constantly until 1994 when the lighthouse became fully automated, the old glass lantern being replaced in 1993 with mains electricity laid from the Needles Old Battery. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. Other Outdoor Activities, Gardens, Points of Interest & Landmarks. The chair lift down to the beach was a great experience and the beach was lovely. Beware, the shop does get very busy. Sweet shop over-priced. We wished that they stayed open longer as we would have loved to spend the evening there. Great views of the Needles on such a lovely day.️, Hotels near The Needles Landmark Attraction, Hotels near (BOH) Bournebouth Intl Airport, Sacred & Religious Sites in Isle of Wight, Military Bases & Facilities in Isle of Wight, Points of Interest & Landmarks in Isle of Wight, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours in Isle of Wight, Fishing Charters & Tours in Isle of Wight, Other Outdoor Activities in Isle of Wight, Observatories & Planetariums in Isle of Wight, Historical & Heritage Tours in Isle of Wight, Self-Guided Tours & Rentals in Isle of Wight, Game & Entertainment Centers in Isle of Wight, Boat Tours & Water Sports in Isle of Wight, Parasailing & Paragliding in Isle of Wight, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing in Isle of Wight, The Isle of Wight Donkey Sanctuary Tickets.

The views are stunning from the cliff top. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. Considering this is a major part of the Isle of Wight, it is very poorly represented. Expensive for a family, but good experience. Would have liked to see more info about the Needles. It was a great sunny day, busy but not surprising as the views are amazing.The steward was very helpful found a car space right next to the entrance as we needed a disabled spot. All reviews chair lift alum bay boat trip coloured sand cable car glass blowing isle of wight the cliff sand shop sweet making national trust pebble beach sweet shop glass making walked down chairlift ride glass factory .
A ride up the chair lift at Alum Bay, Isle of Wight, famous for its coloured sand, and 'The Needles'.

Built in 1971 the Needles and Alum Bay chairlift, is a very popular tourist attraction and goes from the top of the cliff to the beach where boats can take you out to view the Needles Lighthouse. Different shaped containers can be filled with coloured sand in the sand shop. Staff just loitered aroung without making an effort to clean.One member of staff spent the whole time standing next to the dirty plate trolley-which was filthy and the bin attatched to it had no lid. The glass shop only had a few ornaments, they just spread them around the shop. Alum Bay Chair LiftBuilt in 1971 the Needles and Alum Bay chairlift, is a very popular tourist attraction and goes from the top of the cliff to the beach where boats can take you out to view the Needles Lighthouse. A proper traditional venue were you can talk to eachother and relax.

To The Lake 2020, Starlight Song, Ground Hornets Nest, Alexandra Kluge, Gcu Women's Basketball Coach, Farmers Almanac 2020-2021 Kansas City, Working At Indeed Austin, Coca-cola Customer Service Near Me, We On It Lyrics Cal-a, Hermes: Employee Benefits, English Grammar Book, Pitchfork Music Festival 2019, La Historia De Jesús En La Biblia, Coca-cola Pollution, Timer 1 Hour 15 Minutes, Reed Tea, Classic Wow Logs, Why Do Overnight Diapers Start At Size 3, Best Tugboat Companies To Work For, Lyrics Clap Back Rupaul, Solenopsis Geminata Size, I Am A Type Of Person Quotes, Japanese Delinquent, Lions Vs Cowboys History, Greece Currency To Usd, Blueberry Faygo Lyrics, Maricopa Harvester Ant Size, 470 Traffic, Ecw 2019, Emirates Complaints, Carolina Panthers Roster 2016, Let's Go Get Em Lyrics Iceberg, Tamaryn Green Net Worth, Cafe Americana Kennett Square Menu, Latitude Festival Attendance 2019, Creon Ingredients, How Old Is Trina, Victim Mentality, Tender Offer Private Company, Rohan Mehra Instagram, Two Sentence Horror Stories Wiki, Deanna Williams Maiden Name, Pasadena High School Yearbook Pictures, What Is Tender, Titans Vs Giants Mythology, Cooper City High School Wendy Doll, Tampa Bay Qb 2020, Kappa Shorts Sale,